Living a simple life allows you to have a clear mind & a happy lifestyle.
I am going to share with you, my top 15 tips to live more of a simple life. There are loads of different tips but these ones are the tips that I believe can make such a difference. They also bring happiness. Which is what we all need in our live, right?
1. Make time to spend with your Partner, Family & Friends. – Memories are one of the most important things that we need in our lives. If we don’t have memories then there is nothing to show for anything in life. Take photos, videos and cherish them forever!
2. Nap. – Simple as that. Napping allows you to rest your body, even for a short amount of time. Enough to recharge your batteries, so you do what you need to get done, to the best of your ability.
3. Make your bed when you wake up. – OMG. This. Let me tell you, when I was younger, I never used to make my bed. But as soon as I understood the importance of this, it has become second nature. I physically feel uncomfortable if the bed is not made. When you come home from being out all day and you want to take a nap or when it comes time to go to bed, knowing the bed is made just feels great.
4. Go through your “stuff”, de-clutter particular areas once at a time. – Relating to my post of A Few Tips on how to De-Clutter your life, going through particular things and donating/getting rid of items is a great way to live more simple. Clutter takes up too much space and a lot of the time, it’s things that we don’t even need.
5. Instead of buying sugary snacks, buy fruit. – Oh, how tempting it is to go down the chocolate aisle in a supermarket. Train your mind to go down the fruit aisle instead. Fruit tastes amazing & the benefits are even better. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, this can prove to be difficult. Start slow, your body will get used to it and then you can eliminate the sugary snacks!
6. Do the washing up before you go to sleep. – This. Don’t you hate waking up to dishes in your kitchen sink? I take great pleasure in doing the washing up. Stick some music on and just enjoy it.
7. Make a daily to do list & stick to it. – Work in the present. Don’t think too hard, make sure each day is taken as it comes and focus on that very day & what you need to get done.
8. Don’t have a TV in your bedroom. – This is something I have lived by since the age of about 16. Keep the TV in your living room. Having one in your bedroom means your more likely to stay in bed for longer.
9. Sleep with the curtains open or slightly a’jar. – Relating to my post about Early Mornings, this is great way to wake up feeling fresh! Natural day light is the best way to wake up.
10. Before bed, put a glass of water on your bedside table for the morning. – You know when you wake up during the night or first thing in the morning, you just need that glass of water. This will help you feel so much better!
11. Go for daily walks. – Whether it be walking to work which I do often, or going for walks after work, which my Partner lives by. This is great exercise but also great for your mind. It can help to clear your mind and plus, if you go for walks in a park, you might see a squirrel or two.
12. Remind your loved ones that you love them on a regular basis. – Call them, text them, just tell them. Life is too short & we never know what is around the corner.
13. Take up a weekly hobby. – If you’ve got an interest in something, go do it! No matter what kind of hobby it might be, find somewhere where you can do/practice it. It’s a great way to detach from everything else and just immerse yourself in your interests & hobbies.
14. Spend some time to meditate. Even if it’s for 5 minutes. – Detach, relax & give time to yourself. Keep your mind healthy and remember, you are important and you must take care of yourself. Meditation is key.
I hope that those 14 tips can help you in your life. Even if you aren’t trying to live a simple life, they can help you in many other ways.
I almost forgot the 15th tip….
15. When things start to get complicated, just remember; Keep it Simple, Yeah?
Love B.No tags